Prenatal and Postnatal Care
The benefits of chiropractic care extend beyond the physical adjustment of the body and spine, benefitting mother and child alike. Just as the nutrients from food are passed from a mother to her baby, so are the positive effects of chiropractic care. Similarly, when an infant or child receives an adjustment, it can provide a symbiotic benefit to the mother, knowing that her baby is healthy and well cared-for.
Dr Danielle Mclane is an active member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA), and is Webster Technique certified, a specific sacral adjustment used to help facilitate the mother's pelvic alignment and nerve system function, allowing the baby to get in the most optimal position for the birthing process.
Benefits of Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Pregnancy introduces dramatic changes to a woman’s body, which can cause misalignment of the spine and changes to the pelvis and posture. Chiropractic care will ensure optimal health and alignment for mother and child throughout pregnancy.
Prenatal chiropractic care can help:
- Create a healthy environment for your baby: Adjustments can reduce torsion to your uterus, creating more room for the baby to develop normally.
- Increase ease of labor: Aligning and balancing the pelvis can remove tension in pelvic muscles and ligaments. A balanced pelvis can enable a baby to adjust itself into a proper position for birthing, decreasing the possibility of breech and posterior presentations, as well as helping prevent dystocia or delayed birth.
- Reduce stress for mother and child: Hydrocortisone is a stress hormone which can be triggered by physical stress of a poorly aligned body. A well adjusted body will have fewer stress hormones, creating a healthier hormonal environment for your baby.
- Bring more comfort to your pregnancy
Learn more about the benefits in "A Chiropractic Pregnancy."
“I started seeing Dr. Danielle during my second trimester of my second pregnancy. I was dealing with SPD pain in my pelvis and had never really gone to a chiropractor before. Dr. Danielle was fantastic in explaining how adjustments work and what the goals would be. I've been going for several weeks and the adjustments she has done have helped me significantly with managing the pain I've been having. I'm so glad I've found her!”
Benefits of Postnatal Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is beneficial to both mother and child, helping create a healthy postnatal experience for all. Postnatal chiropractic care can help:
- Ease of breastfeeding: Many babies have difficulty latching after they are born, and can create added stress. A few chiropractic adjustments to a child can help them relax and learn latch. Learn more in "How Chiropractic Supports Breastfeeding."
- Reduce stress: Hydrocortisone is a stress hormone which can be triggered by physical stress of a poorly aligned body. A well adjusted body will have fewer stress hormones.
“I started going to Dr Danielle when I was pregnant and can't say enough about her care. I felt great after every appointment. She took care of my back pain and helped prepare me for labor and delivery. After I had my baby, my husband, baby and I continued to see Dr. Danielle and have for over a year now. We all feel the benefits of her care and enjoy our 30 minutes every time. My husband and I both leave the office feeling more relaxed and grounded.”